Artifact of the caged bird
I hold no mallot
my wrists bear no chains
I have driven no spike to hold the rail firm for the elegance of travel
yet I sing
Feet untied
moving about without restriction
I am able to walk with or without cause
with or without end
yet I sing
I have felt no whip at my back
forcing my hands into the dark earth
in labor to another man's desired greed
still I sing
Daring my throat to open
I accompany the free bird
leaping to grasp the wind that blows unknowingly
To Maya
Goddess energy that knows only the bright light
Radiance overwhelming the night light
and heard from far beyond the distant hill
I sing
my wrists bear no chains
I have driven no spike to hold the rail firm for the elegance of travel
yet I sing
Feet untied
moving about without restriction
I am able to walk with or without cause
with or without end
yet I sing
I have felt no whip at my back
forcing my hands into the dark earth
in labor to another man's desired greed
still I sing
Daring my throat to open
I accompany the free bird
leaping to grasp the wind that blows unknowingly
To Maya
Goddess energy that knows only the bright light
Radiance overwhelming the night light
and heard from far beyond the distant hill
I sing

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home